If you want to do something a little different this New Year's Eve, then here's a tip from Phil Collins.
He tweets, "If you play 'In the Air Tonight’ at 11:56:40 the drum break will play right as the clock strikes midnight."
Others have chimed in with similar suggestions on Twitter:
- "If you play 'Africa' by Toto at exactly 11:58:43 pm, the first chorus will play at exactly midnight."
- "If you play the fifth set of the Australian Open 2017 at exactly 11:09:24 pm on New Year’s Eve, Roger Federer's ball will be called in at exactly midnight."
- "If you play the SpongeBob SquarePants theme tune at 11:59:34 pm and follow the captain’s instructions, we will all hit the deck and flop like a fish in unison at midnight. Honestly I think the world needs that."
- "If you play 'Man in the Mirror' by Michael Jackson at exactly 11:57:07 pm, Michael will say 'Change!' and there will be a key change at exactly midnight."
- "If you play 'Renegade' by Styx at 11:59:17 pm, the jig will be up and the news will be out right as the clock strikes midnight."
We have not put these theories to the test. Conduct them at your own risk. Happy New Year!